Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Starfox Arwing Softie

Do a barrel roll! Christmas and New Year holidays are a great time for vegging out and playing some video games. I recently picked up a second-hand copy of Starfox Zero for Wii U: it's the first Starfox game I've played since Lylat Wars 64 on the old N64 as a teenager. For some reason (as kids do) my son has become obsessed with everything Starfox after watching the game. He asked if I could make him an Arwing (the Starfox team's space fighter of choice), so I made a softie version using thread and felt.

I had originally planned to give it some flashy lights and some sounds by building in an Arduino Gemma, a small speaker and some neopixels, but it was going to take a while to get it working, and I'm not sure my son wasn't that keen to wait, so it's just a inanimate toy for now. I may try to retro fit these elements on at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment